Five common mistakes men make with hair product
We've all been there. No matter how much or how little of a product you use, your hair still lays flat and lifeless. Let us give you some tips to escape hair purgatory.
Reckon you’ve got it all sussed? That you’ve nailed your routine in terms of both efficiency and result? More power to you. Well done.
For the rest of us mere mortals, excellent hair is a matter of getting the basics right and practising them until they become second nature.
Here are five common mistake men make with their hair and how to remedy the situation.
1. Don’t trust your stylist. At least when it comes to product. Refer to them on cut and maintenance, but the gear they’re trying to shill you when you leave the salon is often nothing more than an additional income stream. A lot are sponsored by brands and will exclusively push one, not necessarily good, product. Try it by all means, but it doesn’t mean you have to stick with it.
2. You’re probably using too much. A splodge the size of a 50c coin is plenty, in fact a 20c sized blob will probably do. If your product is lasting you weeks instead of months, dial it back.
3. You’re not getting rid of it properly. The product buildup is super dandruff friendly and can even lead to hair breakage/thinning. Use a clarifying shampoo at least twice a week.
4. You’re not emulsifying it. What now? No matter what formula you’re using – clay, wax, pomade – it needs a dose of heat to ensure it spreads evenly through the hair and doesn’t clump. That means rubbing it between the palms for a good minute.
5. You’re applying it incorrectly. Instead of going from front to back, start at the top of the scalp and distribute product in a forward motion. This will ensure it goes everywhere it’s meant to without clumpy bits. Once it’s in, then sweep back and create the style you want. This doubles up on distribution and makes it more even.
The best gender neutral fragrances
Gone are the days of rigid diversity when it comes to a fragrance. Scents are crafted nowadays with a broader appeal and much in the same way that a pair of yeezys fit any foot, fragrances are enjoying the same gender neutral wave.READ FULL ARTICLE
The best hair sprays for men
With a standard pomade taking centre stage in most guys styling routine, it's easy to overlook the the plethora of offerings available. For the hirsute explorers, might we suggest a little spritz? No longer asthma inducing concrete in can, hairspray can take you and your quiff to the next level.READ FULL ARTICLE
MISTR PRESENTS: Nick Youngquest
Former NRL star turned internationally recognised model and face of Paco Rabanne. Nick Youngquest has always been destined for greatness.READ FULL ARTICLE